There are many banks. Our bank is being founded as the only one to fight the climate crisis.The nation’s first climate-focused bank will be coming to the St. Pete/Tampa Bay region in 2021.
A bank’s value should come from its values.
St. Pete and Tampa Bay know all too well the increasing ferocity of hurricane seasons. That’s just one measure of the climate crisis.
The status quo of sustainability is no longer an option. The future demands we work together now to reverse the damage done by our carbon addiction.
Climate First Bank (I/O) will be a full-service community bank offering personal and commercial banking services with a triple bottom line of people, planet, and prosperity. We will support customers, communities, and our planet by operating as a vehicle for positive change.
the future point in time when levels of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere stop climbing and start to steadily decline1.
How can a community bank influence the climate crisis?
Climate First Bank’s (I/O) manifesto on the climate crisis involves initiatives based on the comprehensive plan articulated in the book, Drawdown. The book, which inspired Project Drawdown, brilliantly outlines a measurable, executable plan to reverse the climate crisis.
Every decision and action we make will be analyzed through the lens of achieving drawdown. Climate First Bank (I/O) will change finance to finance change.
News + Alerts
In the News
- [PAYWALL] Tampa Bay Business Journal: Two local banking veterans join St. Pete’s Climate First Bank
- Environment + Energy Leader: First US Bank to Center on Climate Will Cater to Sustainability-Focused Businesses
- S&P Global: Climate-focused de novo aims to ‘shock and awe’ global warming doubters
- U.S. Green Building Council: Chris Castro, Climate First Bank Founding Director, Named Among U.S. Green Building Council 2020 Leadership Award Recipients
- Bloomberg: New Florida Bank to Support Sustainable Businesses, Solar Panels
- [PAYWALL] Tampa Bay Business Journal: Environmentally-focused bank to open in St. Petersburg
- Orlando Sentinel: Environmentally-focused bank to open in St. Petersburg
- Tampa Bay Times: He’s starting a St. Petersburg bank to fight climate change
- Novantas: Sitting Down with Ken LaRoe